Roast from Sabrina Welserin
152 To make a good roast
Take veal or a sirloin of beef, lay it overnight in wine, afterwards stick
it on a spit. Put it then in a pot.
Put good broth therein, onions, wine, spices, pepper, ginger and cloves
and let it cook therein. Do not
over salt it.
Roast-- 1/4 lb per person-- 35-40 lbs
Burgundy wine (1 gallon)
2 gallon zip lock bags for marinating in
Beef Broth (concentrate)
- Day before: chop onions, marinate roasts in wine,
- Reconstitute beef broth if necessary
- Mix onions, ginger, cloves, pepper with beef broth
- Place roasts in pans and pour broth mixture over them.
- Roast for about 5 minutes a pound at 450
- Reduce heat to 325, turn roasts, add broth if necessary
- Roast for another 5 to 7 minutes a pound
All materials copyright Jennifer Heise or original authors as otherwise specified.
Permission is granted for use as printed handouts and for cooking as long as you
let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and if you
republish, get me a copy. My homepage: http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga